Alhambra Drive is located on the farm originally owned by the Follweiter family. The family also owned farm property between Schriener Street and McLean Street. Johann (John) Follweiter was born on July 31, 1924 in Sajk So Evan, Yugoslavia. John immigrated to Canada with his parents Jacob and Katherine and family on April 3, 1929 when he was four years old. The family started a mixed farm and orchard in the Brocklehurst area. The family was one of the original Pioneers in the area. During his life John was employed as a mill worker in Kamloops at Savona Timber and at the Tranquille Farm. In later years, he was a driver for the Budget Car Company which enabled him to see much of the province. John was involved with Missouri Synod Lutheran Church for many years. He was confirmed at the Zion Lutheran Church in Brocklehurst, then attended the Church of the Good Shepherd in North Kamloops where his love for singing saw him involved with the Church Choir and until his death was a member of the Lord of Life Church in Valleyview. John is predeceased by his daughter Maureen Annette, parents Jacob and Katherine, his brothers Jacob and Henry, sisters Katherine Desrosier and Evelyn Hart. Alhambra was a citadel of the Moorish kings near Granada, Spain, built during the 13th and 14th Century.